Monday, June 18, 2012

100 Yen Haul!

One of my good friends from college is doing me the huge favor of visiting me during deployment. An adult to talk to at the dinner table!  Hooray!  In return, I introduced her to the (allegedly) largest 100 Yen Store in Tokyo- Daiso's enormous Machida location. A popular 100 Yen chain, this Daiso is a short walk from Machida Station and fills five stories with 100 Yen goodness.  Little TF loves this store, because she gets to pick one treat (bribe) if she stays on her best behavior; then after shopping, she can play on the small wooden train and slide that are located just across the plaza.  I love this 100 Yen store, too...it's just pure fun.  My week's jolt of cuteness for an unbeatable price?  Yes, please!

Clockwise from top left: Rose-print shopping tote, bento carving tool, bento food pen, spray bottle for Little TF's bath,
 "grass" bento separators, a battery-operated push light, a tea mug with a cute bunny cover, a bento box strap, and a bag of muscat and green grape-flavored candies.  Little TF got suckers as her bribe treat, but they didn't make it into this photo. Total: 945 yen. 
After I grouped everything together for a photo, I realized I may gone slightly overboard with the pink. I guess that's what happens when it's just Mommy and daughter for awhile...hehe.



Daiso in Machida is located right outside of Machida Station.  Exit the station (either from the JR or Odakyu lines) and look for the Tokyu Twins department store.  Staying on the same side of the street as the Tokyu Twins and keeping them on your left, walk down the street (the station will be behind you).  You will see a large, silver arch on a pedestrian bridge that crosses the main street.  Walk up the stairs to the silver arch.  The entrance is just past the silver arch on the left (north) side, just past the little drugstore on the corner.  


Disclaimer:  I do my best to make sure all my information is accurate.  However, details may change or I may just be flat-out wrong.  Please let me know if something needs a correction.  Thank-you!

No comments:

Post a Comment