Friday, June 22, 2012

Today's Photo! (Restaurant Shoe Storage)

Eating at a more traditional, Japanese restaurant?  Be prepared to remove your shoes!  Your cue will be a wall of small cubbies just inside the restaurant's door.  Simply open a cubby that still has its wooden tag or metal key, and slide your shoes inside.  Some restaurants offer guest slippers inside each cubby...please wear them! 

Make sure you store the key or tag in an easy-to-remember spot...I occasionally have trouble finding the key in my rather large handbag.  Nothing causes panic like losing the key to your shoe cubby!

The shoe cubbies of a yummy little restaurant in Kamakura.


Disclaimer:  I do my best to make sure all my information is accurate.  However, details may change or I may just be flat-out wrong.  Please let me know if something needs a correction.  Thank-you!

No comments:

Post a Comment