Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Your (Kid's?) Lunch Box Needs This, Now!

I love how clean Japan is.  There may not be soap in public restrooms, but eating out- whether sitting down at a restaurant, or purchasing a meal to go- is almost always accompanied by a moist towelette.  Forget to wash your hands before eating? No problem!  An army of moist towelettes to the rescue!  At nicer restaurants, the temperature is even adjusted by the season.  Hot towels in winter, cold towels in summer.  Since I'm a bit of a germaphobe and get grossed out over our American custom of shaking hands (Why do we do this?  It's so dirty.), I really appreciate this part of Japanese culture.  

So, when I was browsing a home goods shop last week, I could hardly contain my delight when my eyes landed on this little guy:



A machine-washable cotton towelette- complete with bumble bee case- to pack in my Little TF's bento lunch?  KAWAII!  Cutest towelette set, ever. 

How have I missed them for so long?  I can't visit a 100 yen store without exploring the bento aisle, and I pack Little TF a bento lunch almost every day.  I have a whole bin of nifty bento lunch paraphernalia, including the seaweed punches that punch cute, little faces out of sheets of nori and a special tweezers to place the cute, little faces in exactly the correct spot.  Where have these tiny towels and cases, that bring adorable cleanliness to lunch boxes, been hiding all my life? 



Then I saw this pink towelette and case sitting next to the bumble bee.  Gah!  So cute!  I asked a friend to help me decide which towel set had to come home with me.  Bumble bee...pink bunnies...bumble bee...pink bunnies...   Then I realized that this was a decision that couldn't be made.  I bought both.



Vote:  Which towelette set is cuter?

The bumble bee case!  It has a stinger on its bum!
The bunny rabbits!  They're PINK!


Disclaimer:  I do my best to make sure all my information is accurate.  However, details may change or I may just be flat-out wrong.  Please let me know if something needs a correction.  Thank-you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment