Thursday, August 30, 2012

Shopping Malls Are Air-Conditioned, Too! (Tama Plaza)

Even though summer feels like it should be almost over, the heat is still going strong.  With Mr. TF deployed, pretty much my only weekend goal is to stay cool.  Aquariums rank pretty high on my go-to list for Heat and Humidity Avoidance, but shopping malls are up there, too!

Little TF and I checked out a new mall this past weekend.  I have been passing the Tama Plaza train station (Tama Puraza in Japanese) for a couple years now, and never knew it housed a monstrous mall, until one of my English students mentioned having to transfer to her company's Tama Plaza location.  

I am always on the lookout for new malls!  It's so fun to window (and for real!) shop in Japan, but the bonus for mommies of young kids are all the indoor play places.  Many Japanese children live in apartments, or houses without yards, and so when it gets too hot or rainy to play at the public parks, these indoor play places end up being real life savers.  I've got several on rotation for Little TF, especially during deployment weekends!  




There was actually a free, little play area in one of the mall's many levels.  Little TF appreciated its convenient location across from the Hello Kitty store.



There was a super-kawaii kitchen store, with all kinds of nifty stuff...




An organic store, with body products, snacks, and a small produce section, ...


Organic jelly?  Yum!

A giant, misting machine in the outdoor area...



A fantastic play place (Success!)...


It has a toy store, too!

The yummy, international food chain, Kaldi Coffee...



A wine shop...


A tea bar...



And more stores, stuffed with random cuteness, than we could shake a stick at!




The third floor of Tama Plaza's mall is where many of the restaurants are located.  Little TF and I split a basil and tomato pizza.  She proudly informed me that we were on a date.  I love her.

This restaurant had an English menu!  Bonus!

Most of this huge mall was indoors, but there was also an outdoor section that I am sure will be really nice whenever fall rolls around.  I plan to go back, order a tea at one of the outdoor cafes, and watch Little TF get her wiggles out.

In addition to all the new, Japanese stores, more familiar chain stores such as Gap and Gap Kids, Starbucks, Krispy Kreme, Muji, McDonald's, Franc Franc, North Face, and Crocs were all on location!



Tama Plaza Terrace, (Not to be confused with this Terrace Mall in Fujisawa), is built right on top of the train station.  Getting there via train couldn't be easier!  There is also public parking, but driving is not recommended on busy weekends.   The restaurant area, Terrace Dining, is on the mall's 3rd floor.  There is sushi, Italian, a green tea cafe, Korean, fondue, Chinese, ramen, etc. So many choices!

Access:  Tama Puraza Station, via the Denentoshi Line.  Express trains stop here.

For more information, including maps, visit the mall's Google-translated website, here.

Disclaimer:  I do my best to make sure all my information is accurate.  However, details may change or I may just be flat-out wrong.  Please let me know if something needs a correction.  Thank-you!

No comments:

Post a Comment