Friday, September 28, 2012

The Moon in Tea

Today, my tea instructor hosted an afternoon tea event for another student and me.  I took a lot of photos, but I'll have to show you the rest later next week.  Right now I'm rushing to get some things done, but I have to share this photo before this weekend's Otsukimi festivities kick off!

This is the lacquered tea caddy- natsume- that our instructor chose to go with our tea event, in honor of the Harvest Moon. The silver moon and gold-and-silver Japanese pampas grass make this an official Otsukimi-themed natsume.  Gorgeous, isn't it?  I hope this weekend's typhoon doesn't ruin our moon-viewing plans!


1 comment:

  1. The Japanese have truly perfected beauty. Nothing is too small or too common to become a work of art. So, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete